MnDOT gathering public input on regional bicycle routes in northwest Minnesota
BEMIDJI, Minn. — The Minnesota Department of Transportation is hosting open houses in counties across northwest Minnesota in order to gather input on regional bicycle routes that can be included in a Statewide Bicycle Network.
Area stakeholders are invited to help identify bicycle friendly routes that make meaningful connections in the region. The routes may include existing trails and roadways, and may cross the jurisdictions of the township, city, county and state.
The meetings will be held at the following locations and times:
- Beltrami County – Sept. 13, 10 a.m., MnDOT District 2 Office, 3920 Highway 2 West, Bemidji
- Kittson County – Sept. 14, 1 p.m., Kittson County Courthouse, 410 Fifth Street, Hallock
- Norman County – Sept. 19, 1 p.m., Dekko Community Center, 107 Fourth Avenue East, Ada
- Polk County – Sept. 20, 10 a.m., Crookston City Hall, 124 North Broadway, Crookston
- Pennington County – Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m., Ralph Engelstad Arena, 525 Brooks Avenue, Thief River Falls
District 2 comprises over 1,800 miles of state highways across 14 counties and employs approximately 220 people to handle snow and ice control, roadway construction, traffic, land acquisition, business operations, planning, design and other transportation-related duties.
You can learn more about MnDOT District 2, at to www.mndot.gov/d2.