- Karen Bedeau
MnDOT District 2
3920 Highway 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
Freezing rain causing difficult driving conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (10:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises travelers to be extremely cautious in the northwest area of the state due to light freezing rain and snow causing icy roads.
Motorists should remember to:
- Drive slowly on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
- Use a safe speed for winter driving conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit.
- Keep a safe stopping distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel, eyes on the road and attention on your driving.
- Give the snowplow operators plenty of room to work.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.