Hwy 310 construction begins June 24
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists will experience delays on Hwy 310 between Roseau and the Canadian Border as construction begins Monday, June 24.
Crews from Minn-Dak Asphalt, Inc. will resurface the entire 11-mile stretch of roadway along with replacing and repairing culverts. Motorists should watch for daily lane closures, flaggers and a pilot car which will be used to control traffic throughout the construction zone. A bypass lane and temporary traffic signal will be added during culvert construction.
No oversize or overweight vehicles will be permitted.
The project will result in a smoother and safer ride for motorists as well as reduce the risk of pavement damage from flooding. The $2.85 million project will be complete in mid-August, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Watch for construction crews and equipment in the work zone.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.