Detour on Hwy 89 near Wannaska begins June 17
Bridge construction over the South Fork Roseau River
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists on Hwy 89 will encounter a detour near Wannaska beginning Monday, June 17 as crews conduct repairs to the bridge over the South Fork Roseau River.
The detour follows Roseau County Road 4, Roseau County Road 9/Marshall County Road 54, and Marshall County Road 6. The project is expected to last until September, weather permitting.
Robert R. Schroeder Construction Inc. is the contractor for the $787,855 project.
The improvements will provide a safer bridge for motorists.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Watch for construction crews and equipment in the work zone.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.
For more updates on this, and other projects in the region follow us on Twitter @mndotnorthwest.