Detour and lane closures planned on highways near Crookston, East Grand Forks and Halstad
Concrete repair work scheduled for Hwys 2, 200, 220
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists will encounter delays on three Northwestern Minnesota Hwys beginning Monday, June 3 as crews repair or replace the concrete surface. Work will occur first in Crookston, then East Grand Forks and Halstad in the following locations:
- Crookston- Hwy 2 from Memorial Drive to Fairfax Avenue
- East Grand Forks- Hwy 2 Westbound lanes from Seventh Avenue NE to the Kennedy Bridge
- East Grand Forks- Hwy 2 Eastbound lanes from Kennedy Bridge to Hwy 220 (Central Avenue NE)
- East Grand Forks- Hwy 220 from the Hwy 2 intersection to 23rd Street NW
- Halstad- Hwy 200 from Hwy 75 to the border with North Dakota
Hwy 200 in Halstad will detour for up to two weeks in mid-July, weather permitting. The detour will follow Hwy 75 to County Road 147 (First Street West).
Hwys 2 and 220 will be intermittently reduced to a single lane.
The work and lane closures will be complete by late July, weather permitting. When the project is complete motorists will experience a smoother ride and safer Hwy.
Motorists should always drive with caution, slowdown in work zones and never enter a road or lane blocked with barriers or cones.
For more updates on this, and other projects in the region follow us on Twitter @mndotnorthwest, or log on to www.511mn.org for real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota.