- Karen Bedeau
MnDOT District 2
3920 Highway 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
With more snow in the forecast, keep clear of the plows
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (2:00 p.m.) is asking drivers to be more cautious and keep clear of the snowplows as additional snow predicted for the region will impact road conditions.
MnDOT snow plow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists are advised to slow down and drive for winter road conditions and remember to:
- Check ahead for road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511. Allow more travel time to get to your destination.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud. Snowplow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass. Do not tailgate the plow or attempt to pass in a white-out condition.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.