- Karen Bedeau
MnDOT District 2
3920 Highway 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
Difficult driving on some highways in northwest Minnesota
Highway 2 from Crookston to East Grand Forks reopened
BEMIDJI, Minn. (7:30 a.m.) –The Minnesota Department of Transportation is cautioning the public to drive with care in the northwestern area of the state due to difficult driving conditions on some highways caused by another storm system that moved through the area.
U.S. Highway 2 from Crookston to East Grand Forks was reopened this morning after being shut down early Monday morning, however, motorists should continue to remain cautious as some roads are still slippery from drifting and blowing snow.
MnDOT snow plow operators are doing their part to make highways safe. Motorists should remember to:
- Keep a safe distance from the snowplows. Do not tailgate.
- Drive slowly on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
- Use a safe speed for winter driving conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit.
- Keep a safe stopping distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel, eyes on the road and attention on your driving.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org.