- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Hwy 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 2 bypass bridge work in Bemidji begins this week
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Motorists will encounter reduced speeds, lane closures and temporary median crossovers when the Minnesota Department of Transportation begins repairs this week on several bridges on the U.S. Hwy 2 bypass in Bemidji.
The bridges are:
- Carr Lake Road Southwest over U.S. Hwy. 2
- The bridge will be closed on or about May 8 until May 25. Traffic will be detoured to County Road 401 (Monroe Avenue South).
- Jefferson Avenue South/CR 11 over U.S. Hwy. 2
- Traffic will be restricted temporarily to one lane on May 8 until May 25. Motorists using Jefferson Avenue Southwest are cautioned to slow down and be extremely alert to workers and equipment on the bridge. When the work on Carr Lake Road Southwest is complete and open for traffic, both lanes of the bridge on Jefferson Avenue Southwest will be closed until June 20.
- East and westbound lanes of U.S. Hwy. 2 crossing the Mississippi River
- East and westbound lanes of U.S. Hwy. 2 crossing over the Burlington Northern Santa Fe rail tracks on the east end of the bypass
- These projects will have lane closures and temporary crossovers in place between the eastbound and westbound lanes. The crossovers will allow traffic to continue using the bypass but will be restricted to one lane in each direction with reduced speed.
Work schedules could change due to weather and other factors. The bridge work is scheduled to be complete Aug. 1.
For statewide construction and road condition information, visit www.511mn.org or call 5-1-1.