- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Hwy 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Northwest Minnesota flood related road conditions
Bemidji, Minn. (9:15 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol urge motorists to drive with caution as flooding continues to affect area highways in northwest Minnesota.
The following state highways are closed until further notice:
- US Highway 2 Business Loop – Sorlie Bridge from East Grand Forks to Grand Forks. All traffic must use the Kennedy Bridge on U.S. Highway 2.
- Highway 75 at Perley
- Highway 75 at Hendrum
- Highway 75 on the north end of Climax at the Sand Hill River
- Highway 75 from the south junction of Highway 200 to Shelly
- Highway 220 at the Sand Hill River near Climax
- Highway 220 from Highway 1 near Oslo north to Highway 11
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 west to North Dakota Highway 17
Highway under watch
- Highway 1 east of Oslo
- Highway 310 north of Roseau
Open - use caution
The following state highways are open but with water on the road. Motorists should use extreme caution approaching the following areas:
- Highway 89 in Grygla
- Highway 200 approximately 2 miles east of Laporte.
- Highway 200 approximately 12 miles east of Mahnomen.
Fluctuating water levels make it difficult to predict when and where water will go over or recede from a roadway. Motorists are advised to call 5-1-1 or go to www.511mn.org. for road condition information.