- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Hwy 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Northwest Minnesota flood related road conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (8:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol urge motorists to drive with caution as flooding affects area highways in northwest Minnesota.
The following state highways are closed until further notice:
- Highway 220 north of Marshall County Road 4 to Marshall County Road 5
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 west to North Dakota Highway 17
- Highway 75 from the south junction of Highway 200 to Norman County Road 19 north of Halstad
- Highway 75 on the north end of Climax at the Sand Hill River
- Highway 75 at Perley
- Sorlie Bridge on US Highway 2 Business Loop from East Grand Forks to Grand Forks
Highway under watch
- Highway 1 east of Oslo
- Highway 220 at the Sand Hill River at Climax
Flooding is difficult to predict and roads may be closed or restricted without warning. Mn/DOT and the Minnesota State Patrol ask motorists to monitor media reports before heading out and watch for warning signs along the road.
For updated information, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org when traveling in any area of the state where potential flooding conditions exist. For weather and flood warnings, go to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website http://www.noaawatch.gov/floods.php or listen to NOAA weather radio and local radio stations.