- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Hwy 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Northwest Minnesota flood related road conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (9:15 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol urge motorists to drive with caution as flooding begins to affect area highways in northwest Minnesota.
The following state highways are closed until further notice:
- Highway 220 north of Marshall County Road 4 to Marshall County Road 5
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 west to North Dakota Highway 17
- Highway 75 from the south junction of Highway 200 to Halstad
- Highway 75 on the north end of Climax at the Sand Hill River
Scheduled for closing at noon today: Sorlie Bridge on US Highway 2 Business Loop in East Grand Forks.
Highway under watch
- Highway 75 on the north end of Halstad is under watch. The area is marked but currently open.
Flooding is difficult to predict and roads may be closed or restricted without warning. Mn/DOT and the Minnesota State Patrol ask motorists to monitor media reports before heading out and watch for warning signs along the road.
For updated information, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org when traveling in any area of the state where potential flooding conditions exist. For weather and flood warnings, go to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website http://www.noaawatch.gov/floods.php or listen to NOAA weather radio and local radio stations.