- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Highway 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Winter weather mix creates difficult driving conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. - The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises motorists to drive with extreme caution due to a winter weather mix of snow and freezing rain in the northwest area of the state.
Mn/DOT snow plow operators have been extremely busy this winter and are asking motorists to slow down and keep a clear distance from them on the highways. When a snowplow is involved in a collision and depending on the severity, it can be pulled from service for a damage and safety inspection, delaying service to that route until another plow can take over.
Drivers should remember to:
- Check road conditions – Go to www.511mn.org or call 511.
- Be patient – Remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back – Keep a safe distance from snowplows and other vehicles.
- Stay alert – Snowplows turn or exit frequently and often with little warning; they may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down – Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.