- Karen Bedeau
Minnesota Department of Transportation
District 2 Bemidji
3920 Highway 2 West
Bemidji, MN, 56601
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Installation of rural intersection lighting starts Aug. 16
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Intersection lighting will be installed at ten rural locations in the northwest area of the state beginning Aug. 16, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation. These rural lighting projects will improve intersection safety.
The intersection locations are:
- Highway 1 / Marshall County Road 10 at Alvarado
- Highway 1 / West junction of Highway 72 / Beltrami County Road 36 at Busy Corner
- Highway 2 / Polk County Road 15 at Fisher
- Highway 2/ Highway 46 west of Deer River
- Highway 6 / Highway 286 / Itasca County Road 4 at Talmoon
- Highway 59 / Polk County Road 41 south of Erskine
- Highway 59 / Highway 92 at Brooks
- Highway 71 / Beltrami County Road 23 at Turtle River
- Highway 92 / Clearwater County Road 1 north of Bagley
- Highway 200 / Highway 371 north of Walker
Most of the work is conducted off the highway but motorists may encounter temporary short-term delays at each site. The project is expected to be complete by late October.
Mn/DOT reminds drivers to be alert for road crews, slow down and pass with care.
For statewide information on construction and road conditions, click on www.511mn.org or call 5-1-1.