I-35 Unbonded Concrete Overlay
- I-35 between Scanlon and Proctor
- May 14 to Nov. 4, 2012 and April to Oct. 2013
This project is completed
All businesses will remain accessible
All businesses will remain accessible during this project using marked detour routes. These businesses include: The Buffalo House, Kraemer Construction, Cretex Concrete Products, Calumet Oil Refinery Terminal, Kivi Bros. Trucking and St. Germaine Cabinets.
The detour follows Midway Road south to Becks Road and Becks Road west to Stenman Road for the Buffalo House. Or County Road 13 to County Road 73 for businesses located on County Road 73.
County Road 61 is open to Becks Road and Stenman Road during construction, providing access to all businesses from County Road 61
- Approximately 10 miles of new concrete surfacing and drainage repairs in both directions
- Reconstructed underpass at Hwy 61 and Guss Road
- Hwy 2 complete reconstruction from Boundary Avenue to Skyline Parkway
- Pavement resurfacing at the intersection of Mesaba Avenue/Superior Street and Michigan Avenue
- The section being worked on this year is between Esko and Proctor.
- Replaces worn-out concrete with new concrete
- Reuses old concrete base so there is no need to haul away old material
- Long term improvement, will last more than 20 years.
- Includes new paved shoulders and guardrail
- Includes drainage improvements
- Includes bridge improvements
- Improves safety and provides a smoother ride.