Project schedule/traffic impacts
Rural Work: Two Harbors to Silver Creek Tunnel including Campground Road
- A single lane of traffic in each direction is being maintained weekdays.
- All lanes are open from noon Fridays through early Monday mornings.
- Anticipate flagging operations or temporary signals at work locations.
Traffic Control Includes: Shoulder Closures with no parking in the work area, short term side street closures
Bituminous paving from County Road 2 to the Silver Creek Tunnel is now completed. Shouldering, rumble strips and striping work continues. Traffic control Includes: Mobile shoulder/lane closures for short durations.
Restrictions: 11 foot width
Contacts for traffic control and road maintenance: Patrick Hilty (KGM): 218-780-0079 Jake Clement (KGM): 218-290-4696 Bo Draper (KGM): 218-780-9275 Heath Line (KGM): 218-780-9267
In Two Harbors: 8th Street to 5th Street
- Work is expected to be completed in October
- Side streets and entrances are closed for short durations. A single lane of traffic is maintained on Hwy 61 at all times. The shoulders are closed and no parking is allowed in the project area.