Past meetings and materials
Draft Environmental Impact Statement Open House/Public Hearing held January 22, 2015 in Mountain Iron
About 65 people attended an Open House/Public Hearing for the Hwy 53 Relocation Project Jan. 22. Attendees listened to a presentation that summarized the findings from the Draft Environmental Impact Statement and copies of the complete document were available for review.
Display boards with project information lined the walls and large layouts showing the route alternatives were also posted. Topic specialists answered questions about many details of the project and the Construction Manager General Contractor process.
A court reporter transcribed verbal comments and people also had the opportunity to submit written comments. The comment period for the Draft EIS and Section 4(f) process closed February 5, 2015.
The Draft EIS can be viewed at:
- MnDOT’s website: www.mndot.gov/d1/projects/hwy53relocation/eis.html
- Eveleth Public Library, 614 Pierce Street, Eveleth, MN
- Gilbert Public Library, 17 N. Broadway, Gilbert, MN
- Mountain Iron Public Library, 5742 Mountain Avenue, Mt. Iron, MN
- Virginia Public Library, 215 5th Avenue S, Virginia, MN
- Duluth Public Library, 520 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN
- MnDOT – District 1 Duluth Office, 1123 Mesaba Avenue, Duluth, MN
- Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN