Hwy 53 from Virginia to CookFour-lane expansion improvement project
- The project area for the work being done in 2013/14 is from just south of Cook to County Road 652 (Goodell Road)
- Mid-January 2013 to summer 2014
- $32.8 million
Motorists may encounter:
- Intermittent, temporary lane and shoulder closures controlled by flaggers
- Reduced speeds in work zones
- The southbound lanes from Goodell Road to Heino Road and from Airport Road to the south limits of Cook are being constructed.
- Both directions of traffic will drive on the newly-constructed northbound lanes until spring 2014.
The first stage of this four-lane expansion project between Virginia and Cook was completed in 2006. The second stage was completed in 2009. This third and final stage will be completed in summer 2014. When completed, approximately 20 miles of Hwy 53 will be expanded to four-lanes
- Improved traffic flow and safety