The southbound Interstate 35 ramp to northbound Highway 33 (Exit 237) has reopened.
Current lane closures
- Motorists are restricted to a single lane in each direction between I-35 and the Doddridge Avenue/Big Lake Road intersection.
- The ramp to northbound I-35 from Hwy 33 is closed. Southbound Hwy 33 traffic wishing to go north on I-35 is being detoured to the Scanlon ramp via Cloquet Avenue.
- The frontage road on the south end of the project is closed to Hwy 33 access. No access to the frontage road is available from Hwy 33. Access is open to southbound I-35 only.
- Motorists should expect single lane traffic on this project until it is completed in October.
- Motorists should expect traffic delays especially on Fridays, Sundays and holiday weekends.
Businesses are all open and accessible during this construction project. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to access local businesses and follow the posted signs which will direct traffic to access points for the businesses.
- Alternate routes for west side businesses include: Carlton Avenue and Armory Drive
- Alternate routes for east side businesses include: Washington Avenue and Stanley Avenue
Due to low attendance, weekly public meetings are no longer being held on this project. Check the weekly construction updates section (to the right) for the latest project information.