Please note: Pedestrians and bicyclists are not permitted in the closed lanes or work area. Please be respectful of the work and cemetery and use alternate routes.
Due to the inadvertent discovery of a native American burial site, the Mission Creek Bridge Replacement project is on hold until the grave recovery work can be done and a full archaeological survey completed.
Work was done in mid-July to stabilize the stream banks in the event of a heavy rain.
Periodic emails will be sent out with updates about the status of the recovery and resumption of work on the project. To receive email updates please sign up by clicking on "Sign up for email updates" beneath "Connect with us" in the lower right corner of this page.
Traffic is restricted to two-lane, two-way sharing on the eastbound side of Hwy 23 and will remain in this configuration for the winter.
Hwy 23 update Oct. 18, 2017
- The sidewalk repairs will be done within the next week.
- Striping of the road will occur in the next few days.
- Materials for the archaeologists building will begin to arrive the week of October 23. The building will be located on the closed road just east of 130th Ave West.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Public open house
The Fond du Lac Community Club is sponsoring a project update on Tuesday, Oct. 24 starting at 6 p.m at the Fond du Lac Community Church. MnDOT will provide updates on the project and will be available for questions.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Roberta Dwyer, Project Manager, at 218-725-2781 or email@example.com
Past open houses
- Sept. 26 at the Fond du Lac Community Club
- Aug. 8 at Chambers Grove Park, Fond du Lac, 134th West Ave. Duluth, MN 55808
- June 14 at the Fond du Lac Community Church, 521-131st Avenue West, Duluth, MN 55808