Please note: Pedestrians and bicyclists are not permitted in the closed lanes or work area. Please be respectful of the work and cemetery and use alternate routes.
Due to the inadvertent discovery of a native American burial site, the Mission Creek Bridge Replacement project is on hold until the grave recovery work can be done and a full archaeological survey completed.
Work was done in mid-July to stabilize the stream banks in the event of a heavy rain.
Periodic emails will be sent out with updates about the status of the recovery and resumption of work on the project. To receive email updates please sign up by clicking on "Sign up for email updates" beneath "Connect with us" in the lower right corner of this page.
Traffic is restricted to two-lane, two-way sharing on the eastbound side of Hwy 23 and will remain in this configuration for the winter.
Hwy 23 Update November 21, 2017
- Winter weather has slowed work and not all sidewalk repairs will be completed this fall.
- Cemetery recovery work at the site is ongoing and will continue throughout the winter.
- A temporary building is under construction at 130th Avenue West to expedite the recovery work over the winter.
- Barrier has been placed along the roadway for the winter.
- The speed limit has been lowered to 30 mph through the work area.
- Please obey the speed limit and watch for workers in the area.
- Repair work on the existing Mission Creek Bridge is underway.
Public open house
None currently scheduled
Past open houses
- Oct. 24 at the Fond du Lac Community Church
Sept. 26 at the Fond du Lac Community Club
- Aug. 8 at Chambers Grove Park, Fond du Lac, 134th West Ave. Duluth, MN 55808
- June 14 at the Fond du Lac Community Church, 521-131st Avenue West, Duluth, MN 55808