About this project
- No detour will be required for this project.
- Traffic will be maintained on the highway during this project.
A public meeting was held July 21, 2016 to discuss this project, the construction schedule, anticipated traffic impacts and the property acquisition process.
Please check this site for announcements about future public meetings.
Summary of work
- Resurface pavement
- Replace failing culverts
- Remove rock outcroppings that are located near the highway shoulders
- Minor ditching and slope work
- The project does not involve realigning or widening the highway.
- No extensive tree clearing will be done under the project.
- There is no right of way or easements for Hwy 1 in the project areas. MnDOT is acquiring right of way from private property owners and easements from the Superior National Forest and from the Department of Natural Resources on State Forest lands.
- $5.7 million