When this project begins there will be a detour in place and there will be ramp closures while the Hwy 2 bridge is worked on.
The city of Duluth is reconstructing Superior Street, which is adjacent to the Hwy 194 Mesaba Avenue project. Detailed information about this project can be found on the city of Duluth website.
About this project
Summary of work
- Lane reconfiguration and minor grading work to eliminate the current weave situation between WB Superior St and WB Mesaba Ave.
- See layout showing lane configurations.
- Rehabilitation of the following bridges:
- Hwy 2 WB off ramp over I-35 ramp
- Hwy 2 EB on ramp over I-35 ramps
- NB Michigan St over SB Mesaba Ave
- NB Mesaba Ave over Superior St
- Concrete pavement repairs and storm sewer repairs between I-35 and Central Entrance
- ADA improvements between I-35 and Central Entrance