2017 traffic impacts
There is a two-lane bypass, using portable barriers, in the vicinity of Cournty Road 7. MnDOT advises traveling no faster than 45 mph in the work zone.
Brief, intermittent closures
Most of the work on this project does not affect traffic. When traffic is affected, motorists may encounter brief, intermittent, temporary closures controlled by flaggers.
May 5, 2017, construction is well underway.
Photo by Kevin Bissonette, MnDOT
Hwy 169 project site.
Summary of work
- Expand 1.55 miles of Hwy 169 from two- to four-lanes as part of the Corridors of Commerce Program
- Install intersection lighting
- Replace box culvert
- Survey Mapping, Soil Investigations - May 2014
- Environmental Assessment (Re-Evaluation) - Fall 2014
- Right of Way Acquisition Complete - Spring 2016
- Final Design - Start July 2014 and finish spring 2016
- Project Letting - June 2016
Click on layout for a larger view: