About this project
Oct. 11 Project Update
Work has been temporarily suspended on this project due to an unforeseen soil stability issue. Work is expected to resume sometime after October 31.
All project signage and traffic control will remain in place during the work suspension.
Correcting the soil issue requires a revised work plan. Once this is completed, work will resume.
This brief delay is not expected to affect the fall 2017 project completion date.
Work is expected to wrap-up for 2016 in late-November
Brief, intermittent closures
Most of the work on this project will not affect traffic. When traffic is affected, motorists may encounter brief, intermittent, temporary closures controlled by flaggers.
Summary of work
- Expand 1.55 miles of Hwy 169 from two- to four-lanes as part of the Corridors of Commerce Program
- Install intersection lighting
- Replace box culvert
- Survey Mapping, Soil Investigations - May 2014
- Environmental Assessment (Re-Evaluation) - Fall 2014
- Right of Way Acquisition Complete - Spring 2016
- Final Design - Start July 2014 and finish spring 2016
- Project Letting - June 2016
Click on layout for a larger view: