About this project
Summary of work
- Expand 1.55 miles of Hwy 169 from two- to four-lanes as part of the Corridors of Commerce Program
- Install intersection lighting
- Replace box culvert
- $9.5 million
- Survey Mapping, Soil Investigations - May 2014
- Environmental Assessment (Re-Evaluation) - Fall 2014
- Right of Way Acquisition Complete - Spring 2016
- Final Design - Start July 2014 and finish spring 2016
- Project Letting - June 2016
Click on layout above for a large view.
About 20 people attended a public meeting April 30, 2014 at Taconite Community Center to learn more about the next phase of the Hwy 169 Cross-Range Expressway. MnDOT staff explained project details (PPT) and were available for questions.