There are no traffic impacts currently.
About this project
This project involves removal and replacement of the bridge over the CN railroad tracks in Koochiching County.
Project Goals and Objectives:
The Hwy 11 Bridge over the CN Railroad in Ranier has reached the end of its useful life and needs to be replaced. The project includes:
- A new bridge and approach roadway with wider, 10-foot-wide paved shoulders.
- Replacement of the existing free-right lane coming from Ranier onto Hwy 11 with a smaller free-right turn lane.
- Removal of the raised concrete median island in the middle of Hwy 11.
- Removal of the short frontage roads on the north and south sides of Hwy 11 west of County Road 20. Driveways served by the frontage roads will be extended to connect directly onto Hwy 11.
- A right turn lane and bypass lane will be constructed for the new County Road 23 intersection east of the bridge.
- The new bridge will provide greater vertical clearance over the CN Railroad tracks and will be slightly longer to allow the railroad to add an additional track in the future should one be needed.
- Landscaping in the area of the County Road 20 intersection to help develop an inviting, welcoming gateway into Ranier.
- No changes to bicycle or snowmobile trail routes.
- A small amount of settlement of the roadway at the bridge is expected to occur over time. This roadway settlement/bump will be fixed in 2019.
Summary of work
- Replace the bridge
- Approach grading
Upcoming public meeting
None currently scheduled
Past public meeting
April 3, 2018
Ranier Community Building