About this project
- Please check 511mn.org for the latest information.
- Motorists may encounter temporary, single lane closures on Hwy 38 for the duration of the project, however there will be no more detours.
Local residents only
- Tentative schedule:
There will be no more daytime or 24-hour road closures on this project effective 8/31/2018.
- New bituminous pavement has been placed between Day Lake and Marcell.
- Aggregate (gravel) surfacing has been placed from south of Pughole Lake to Day Lake.
- The entire project area is now open to school buses and emergency vehicles.
- Postal deliveries will remain on temporary supports until later in September.
Summary of work
- Construction activities to progress from north to south
- Resurface pavement
- Two Intersection improvements in conjunction with Itasca County at County Roads 48 and 49
- Raise grade near milepost 26.0
- Replace 41 culverts and line nine additional culverts
- Lower crest of Hwy 38 at Wildernessa Road (County Road 308)