Hwy 61 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- From 0.22 miles north of Silver Creek Tunnel to 0.84 miles north of Kennedy Creek in Lake County
- Aug. 13, 2012 to November 2013
This project is completed
- Hwy 61 will be repaved.
- Centerline rumble strips will be installed.
- The project also includes public accessibility improvements in Beaver Bay.
- When completed, Hwy 61 will be smoother and safer for motorists.
- Centerline rumble strips are a low-cost, high-benefit safety enhancement that have been shown to reduce head-on crashes by 20 to 40 percent, and all crashes by 5 to 14 percent.