MnDOT and the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission investigated options for how, where and if, to reconstruct Hwy 210 in the flood-damaged area. A final report document prepared by ARDC may be viewed on the ARDC website.
Other areas damaged during the flood have been repaired, however this section has historically been highly-prone to hillside slumping and erosion, which causes the highway to be undermined.
The ARDC facilitated public meetings to help develop a framework to guide MnDOT's future investment on this section of Hwy 210.
Photo: Jim Sorenson, MnDOT construction
Options considered during the public outreach
- Should Hwy 210 be repaired and reopened?
- What type of road is required; paved, gravel?
- Where would the new road be located?
- Would the new road need to be open year-round?
- Is a through-highway needed or would partial access be sufficient?
- Should the highway corridor be converted into a trail(s)?
July 21, 2015
MnDOT hosted a meeting to update the public on the project.
August 22, 2013
View responses from the first public input session