Hwy 48/WI Highway 77 now open, Hwy 23 remains closed
DULUTH, Minn. — 3:10 p.m. The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have opened Highway 48/WI Highway 77 between Hinckley and Danbury, Wis. This area had been closed due to high water.
Highway remains closed until further notice:
- Highway 23 at Bruno
Highway with water over the highway, but that remains open:
- Highway 123 at mile marker 7.1, use caution as water levels can change
Motorists should still use extreme caution when traveling as conditions can change rapidly. Several city streets and county roads in the area may be closed or restricted.
If you must travel in the northwestern Minnesota area, follow these safe driving practices:
- Check www.511mn.org before traveling for information on road conditions, closures and detour routes.
- Expect the unexpected – flash floods can occur anytime, anywhere.
- Do not drive around barricades or into flooded areas.
- If floodwaters rise around your car, abandon the car and move to higher ground, if you can do so safely.
# # #