I-35 bridge painting project update
DULUTH, Minn. – Motorists may encounter lane restrictions or a detour as work continues on a bridge painting project near Barnum and Cloquet. At least one lane will always remain open in each direction on I-35.
- The right southbound lane on I-35 is closed from County Road 3 to Hwy 33. It will reopen May 5 or 6.
- The right northbound lane on I-35 will close from County Road 3 to Hwy 33, approximately May 6 or 7 for one to two weeks.
- County Road 13 traffic will be detoured to County Road 138 beginning Monday, May 5. This detour will be in place until approximately June 13.
- On Wednesday, May 7, the ramp from Hwy 33 to northbound I-35 will close for three to four days. Traffic will be detoured to Washington Avenue, east to Hwy 45, then south to I-35.
- Temporary lane closures may also occur on both northbound and southbound I-35 beneath the County Road 13 Bridge when work is required over the traffic lanes.
The project, which began last September, is expected to be completed in July.
The I-35 bridge rehabilitation project will extend the life of several bridges and improve motorist safety.
For more information about this project please visit: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/i35bridges/index.html
MnDOT is committed to using tax dollars efficiently and effectively, for more information please visit: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/funding/index.html