Become authorized to operate as a property carrier
Intrastate carriers (within Minnesota only)
There are 5 steps to obtain an intrastate property carrier permit:
2. File and maintain proper levels of insurance (Form E).
3. Register your business with the Secretary of State's office.
4. Complete a Certificate of Compliance form under Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law.
5. Complete Introduction to Minnesota Trucking Regulations (IMCC) within 90 days of being issued this certificate.
Interstate carriers (across state lines)
To obtain an interstate property carrier permit, follow these instructions:
2. File a Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) agreement.