Become authorized to operate as a passenger carrier
Intrastate carriers (within Minnesota only)
There are 6 steps to obtain an intrastate passenger carrier permit:
2. File and maintain proper levels of insurance (Form E).
3.Submit $75 registration fee for each vehicle to: 395 John Ireland Blvd MS 420, St. Paul, MN 55155.
4. Register your business with the Secretary of State's office and present the certificate when applying.
- NOTE: This Secretary of State filing is not needed if you are an individual using your own name.
5. Complete a Certificate of Compliance form under Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law.
6. Have the vehicle(s) inspected by any certified vehicle inspector (MnDOT or State Patrol), or comply with the state Commercial Motor Vehicle Annual Inspection.
7. Complete online training within 90 days of being issued this certificate.
Interstate carriers (across state lines)
To obtain an interstate passenger carrier permit, follow these instructions:
- Complete and file a Motor Carrier Identification Report (MCS-150).
2. File a Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) agreement.