News and Notices
Rice St. entrance closed
- Construction of a new parking ramp, Ramp F, is scheduled to begin Monday, Feb. 24 at Central Office (St. Paul). As a result, the Rice Street entrance to the Transportation Building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Did you know the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has developed a free mobile app called SaferBus? SaferBus allows consumers to access a bus company’s safety performance record, check authority and insurance status, file a complaint and more. For more information, please visit FMCSA’s website at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/saferbus/saferbus.aspx.
- If you are a for-hire driver who carriers 8 to 15 passengers including yourself, annual inspections are required by a MnDOT investigator.
- Drivers of motor carriers of passengers must pass a criminal background check, as required under Minnesota Statutes § 221.178; 299C.67.
- Small vehicle passenger service is provided by a person engaged in the for-hire transportation of passengers, in a vehicle designed to transport 7 or fewer persons including the driver. Small vehicle passenger service is regulated by the cities in which they operate and the Metropolitan Council.