News and Notices
MnDOT offers tips on renting limousines, party buses
When renting buses, limousines and other passenger vehicles, taking extra measures can help ensure safe travel. Learn more.
2014 construction program announced
- MnDOT's 2014 construction program includes work on 74 projects in the Twin Cities and 194 projects in Greater Minnesota that will improve highways, bridges and other infrastructure. The work includes projects funded by the Corridors of Commerce program, a bonding effort aimed at improving roadways for freight travel. An additional 29 projects statewide will improve safety at port and railroad crossings.
For a complete list of projects, including construction dates, traffic impacts and maps, visit www.mndot.gov/construction. You can also stay up-to-date on the program throughout the construction season by reading Newsline.
Rice St. entrance closed
- Due to construction of a new parking ramp, Ramp F at Central Office (St. Paul), please be aware that the Rice Street entrance to the Transportation Building is closed. More information on interim parking is available here.
- If you are a for-hire driver who carriers 8 to 15 passengers including yourself, annual inspections are required by a MnDOT investigator.
- Drivers of motor carriers of passengers must pass a criminal background check, as required under Minnesota Statutes § 221.178; 299C.67.
- Small vehicle passenger service is provided by a person engaged in the for-hire transportation of passengers, in a vehicle designed to transport 7 or fewer persons including the driver. Small vehicle passenger service is regulated by the cities in which they operate and the Metropolitan Council.