New, improved online permit access is coming June 6
Beginning Thursday, June 6, 2013, customers ordering MnDOT oversize/overweight permits through our website will enjoy a cleaner design and a more convenient experience.
Some changes you'll notice:
- Order a permit as a "guest" -- no accounts or passwords if you don't want them!
- Edit your own customer account profile. Once we set up your account, you control how it's used and updated.
- Overweight permit applications needing bridge analysis will be faster and more efficient because our system will connect directly to MnDOT Bridge Office databases.
- More options to sort and manage your permit applications.
- Review and confirm the information on your application before you submit it.
- View more specific information on the status of a submitted application.
- Get notified by email when an application needs your attention.
- Credit card payments will be smoother to process.
NOTE: Credit card transactions will now be charged a 4 percent (4%) transaction fee on the total charged. While in the past MnDOT absorbed this merchant transaction fee, we are no longer able to do this.
A streamlined experience
We know this change will require some adjustments for our customers, but we are working to make it as painless as possible. Faster service and a more efficient permit-ordering experience are on the way. If you have questions, please contact Ted.Coulianos@state.mn.us. We will post updates on our website and on Twitter, so check back regularly.
Self-routing of trips under annual permit is no longer allowed. All routing must be done through our online permitting system.
Changes to 2013 Spring Load Restrictions (PDF, 49 KB)
Governor Dayton signs Emergency Executive Order 13-02 — This provides relief from regulations to certain motor carriers and drivers operating in Minnesota, due to extreme weather conditions and lack of snow cover that have created freezing of septic systems over much of Minnesota. A copy of the Emergency Executive Order can be downloaded on the governor’s website at http://mn.gov/governor/images/EO-13-02.pdf
- MnDOT does not accept applications for oversize and overweight permits by phone. You can apply for permits online, by fax, mail, email, or through an independent permit service.
- If MnDOT approves your application and issues a permit, we will charge the appropriate permit fee to the credit card you have listed with us. Please indicate on your application form which credit card to use if you have multiple cards on file with us.
- The MnDOT Oversize/Overweight Permit section is closed between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. each day.
- Many permit types can be automatically issued by using our online permit program if you have an account set up with us. Our "Auto-Issue" feature is available for loads up to 12'6" wide; 14'0" high; 85'0" long; and, Category 'A' weights.
- Permit staff may be unavailable during the following dates and times (PDF). Please plan accordingly.
Wind Energy Transportation
Write to the address below:
Minnesota Department of Transportation
OFCVO - Transportation Permit Section
395 John Ireland Boulevard, MS 420
St. Paul, MN 55155
Connect with us