Become authorized to operate as a limousine carrier
There are 6 steps to obtain a limousine carrier permit:
- Submit a completed application. A completed application includes the credentials authority, the delegation of authority form, workmen’s comp form, and the vehicle registration form.
- The form for a USDOT number should be completed unless you already have a USDOT number. You must show proof of registration with the Secretary of State’s office.
- Complete a Certificate of Compliance - Minnesota Worker’s Compensation Law Form.
- Have your insurance company file and maintain required amount of insurance; minimum aggregate amount of $1,500,000 per accident for every limousine covered, $100,000 Property Damage (Form E filing).
- Complete and file a Motor Carrier Identification Report (MCS-150).
- Have your vehicle inspected by a MnDOT inspector. You can schedule a vehicle inspection by calling 651-366-3648.
- Submit a completed Vehicle Registration Form and a copy of your Inspection Report, along with $80.00 per vehicle fee, to the Credentials Office at 395 John Ireland Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55155.
- Fees are due when you come into our office (address above) with a copy of your inspection(s). The Limousine permit fee is $150.00; each vehicle decal is $80.00
- Wait 90 days. During this time, an audit will be conducted to check for compliance with driver qualification, driver training requirements, and criminal background checks as required by Minn. Rule 8880.0800.
- A driver must meet the driver qualification requirements under Minn. Rule §8880.0800 including an initial criminal background check completed before transporting passengers for-hire in a luxury limousine.