Become authorized to operate as a limousine carrier
There are 5 steps to obtain a limousine carrier permit:
- Submit a completed application. A completed application includes the credentials authority, the delegation of authority form, workmen’s comp form, and the vehicle registration form.
- Complete a Certificate of Compliance - Minnesota Worker’s Compensation Law Form.
- Have your insurance company file and maintain required amount of insurance; minimum aggregate amount of $1,500,000 per accident for every limousine covered, $100,000 Property Damage (Form E filing).
- Have your vehicle inspected by a MnDOT inspector. You can schedule a vehicle inspection by calling 651-366-3648.
- Submit a completed Limousine Service Permit Application to the Minnesota Department of Transportation Office of Freight & Commercial Vehicle Operations.
- Fees are due when you come into our office (address above) with a copy of your inspection(s). The Limousine permit fee is $150.00; each vehicle decal is $80.00.
- A driver must meet the driver qualification requirements under Minn. Rule §8880.0800 Sub. Part 6 including an initial criminal background check completed before transporting passengers for-hire in a luxury limousine.
- Within 90 days, an audit will be conducted to check for compliance with driver qualification, driver training requirements, and criminal background checks as required by Minn. Rule 8880.0800.