Become authorized to operate as a household goods mover
Follow these 6 steps to obtain a household goods mover permit:
- Submit a completed application (instructions) with a $150 filing fee to: 395 John Ireland Blvd MS 420 - Room 153, St. Paul, MN 55155.
NOTE: A $75 per vehicle registration fee is also required.
2. Show proof of registration with the Secretary of State.
3. File and maintain proper levels of insurance
Form E: Property Damage and Public Liability. Minimum of $50,000 is required for property damage; for public liability, $300,000/$100,000 is required.
Form H: Cargo. Minimum of $50,000 is required.
4. File required rates and tariffs.
5. File a Certificate of Compliance form – Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law.
6. Complete Introduction to Minnesota Trucking Regulations / Initial Motor Carrier Contact (IMCC) within 90 days of being issued this certificate.