In 2007, Mn/DOT districts began incorporating a new process to improve the scoping of projects.
A project that began in 2006 complements the ongoing implementation of the scoping process.
Through the Mn/DOT Cost Estimation Process Improvement and Organizational Integration Project, Mn/DOT is striving to achieve accuracy, accountability and consistency in cost estimation and cost management efforts during project planning, scoping, design and letting phases.
To set a course for the project, Mn/DOT management developed a vision. The vision calls for Mn/DOT to manage and control costs through:
- A department-wide priority on cost estimating and cost management
- Reliable and accurate cost estimates
- Statewide uniformity and consistency
- Improved communication and credibility with external stakeholders
- Clear accountability
Read the Full Vision Statement (PDF 33KB)
- Training Schedule Announced
- Implementation begins
- Office of Project Scope and Cost Management established
- Peer Review Workshop applies key concept