A two-year project involves representatives from Mn/DOT districts and taps national expertise to develop a new cost estimating and cost management process for Mn/DOT, as well as related policies.
To promote a common understanding of cost estimating and cost management, definitions of key terms were developed.
- Definitions (PDF 30KB)
To begin sharing best cost estimating practices within Mn/DOT, estimate tips were developed.
- Estimating Tips (PDF 20KB)
Project fact sheets provide additional information:
- Project Overview Fact Sheet (PDF 38KB)
- Total Project Cost Estimate Fact Sheet (PDF 104KB)
- Baseline Fact Sheet (PDF 89KB)
- Risk & Contingency Fact Sheet (PDF 23KB)
The Cost Estimating and Cost Management (CE/CM) Technical Reference Manual details the new cost estimating and cost management process and policies.
- Training Schedule Announced
- Implementation begins
- Office of Project Scope and Cost Management established
- Peer Review Workshop applies key concept