Training and Reference Documents
Contract Process Instructions and File Documentation Requirements
This process is used only when Consultant Services is not writing your contract. All documents that are bolded and underlined in these instructions can be downloaded from the P/T Contract Documents section. If TTAA is required for your contract, refer to the TTAA process below.
Process Instructions/File Documentation Requirements
- Amendment (Word 58 KB) Revised 03/15
- Certified List (Word 39 KB) Revised 03/15
- Direct Select (Word 39 KB) Revised 03/15
- Interagency (Word 38 KB) Revised 03/15
- Joint Powers (Word 52 KB) Revised 02/15
- Pre-qualification Program - Under $100,000 (Word 29 KB) Revised 02/15
- Pre-qualification Program - $100,000-$800,000 (Word 65 KB) Revised 02/15
- Pre-qualification Program - Over $800,000 (Word 75 KB) Revised 02/15
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Informal (Word 66 KB) Revised 02/15
- RFP Formal - Under $800,000 (Word 69 KB) Revised 02/15
- RFP Formal - Over $800,000 (Word 69 KB) Revised 02/15
- RFP Quality Based Selection - Under $800,000 (Word 68 KB) Revised 02/15
- RFP Quality Based Selection - Over $800,000 (Word 69 KB) Revised 02/15
- Single Source (Word 30 KB) Revised 02/15
File Documentation Definitions
- Consultant Services will scan: Documents that have been sent in for signature. Consultant Services will scan the fully signed, executed document prior to office/district notification/return.
- Copy Consultant Services on Email: Email notifications that are sent out. Copy Dominique Nolen on the email and she will save to the Contract File.
- Email Scanned Documents to CS: Documents that will need to be scanned and emailed in.
TTAA Process and Guidance
- TTAA Privatization Contract Process (Word KB) - This Process should be followed if the Contract is over $100,000 AND being done under the Pre-qualification Program, a Formal RFP or a Single Source, and an applicable work type applies. See the TTAA Privatization Contract Form (found under the P/T Contract Documents section), Page 1, for applicable criteria. Revised 06/13
- TTAA Privatization Contract Form Instructions (Word 33 KB) - Guidance for completing the TTAA Privatization Contract Form. Revised 11/13
DBE Process and Guidance
- DBE Goal Clearance Process (Word 32 KB) - Contract Administrator's must follow this process if a Contract is funded, in whole or in part, with federal dollars
- DBE Goal Memo - Race Gender Neutral (PDF 45 KB) - This is an example of a memo from the Office of Civil Rights when a Race Gender Neutral goal has been assigned
- DBE Special Provisions - Race Gender Neutral (PDF 15 KB) - This packet must be completed by the Contractor when a Race Gender Neutral goal has been assigned
- Goal Memo - Percentage (PDF 15 KB) - This is an example of a memo from the Office of Civil Rights when a Percentage goal has been assigned
- DBE Special Provisions – Consultant Contracts (PDF 210 KB) - This packet must be completed by the Contractor when a Percentage goal has been assigned
- Contract Clearance Memo (PDF 59 KB) - This is an example of the Office of Civil Rights Contract Clearance memo when a Percentage goal has been assigned
TGB/Vet Goal Setting Process and Guidance
All competitively solicited projects, that solely state funded, need to be reviewed by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) so that a TGB or VET preference goal can be established. The following information should be submitted, in an e-mail, to Joyce Brown-Griffin (TGB/VET Specialist) and Rajan Nayar (OCR Admin.)
- Goal Request Cover Sheet (available HERE)
- Certification Form and Scope of Services
- RFP, Pre-Qualification Announcement or Quick Call for Proposals
- SWIFT vendor support and contacts reference guide (PDF 300 KB)
- Acronyms Reference Document (Word 77 KB) - References many common acronyms used in MnDOT Contracts.
- Competitive Selection Process Updated Guidance (Word 54 KB) - This document details “best practices” for the Professional/ Technical competitive selection process. Revised 01/14
- Consultant Coordinators List (Word 47 KB) - Contact list for MnDOT District and Office Consultant Coordinators. Revised 11/14
- Consultant Services Contacts (Word 54 KB) - Contact names, phone numbers and roles for the Consultant Services Section. Revised 9/14
- EDMS Document Names (Excel 18 KB) - Required document naming conventions you should title your documents in EDMS.
- PPMS Coordinators (Word 21 KB) - Identifies the MnDOT employee that is assigned as the PPMS Coordinator for each District. The PPMS Coordinator assigns the Project ID numbers. Once you complete the Project Authorization Form - TC08 (found under the P/T Contract Documents section), send it to the appropriate PPMS Coordinator for processing. Revised 10/14
- Progress Report Form Instructions (Word 20 KB) - Details on what should be in each column of the standard Consultant Services Progress Report Form (found under the P/T Contract Documents section).
- Project Authorization Form - TC08 Instructions (Word 23 KB) - Instructions on how to fill out the Project Authorization Form - TC08 (found under the P/T Contract Documents section), which you submit to obtain a Project ID number.
- Project Management for Professional/Technical (P/T) Contracts Manual (Word 57 MB) - This is the manual that was used for the "Project Management for P/T Contracts" training class. If you have any questions about the manual, or are interested in receiving training, please contact Brad Hamilton.
- Statewide County Codes (Word 23 KB) - Numerical numbers that MnDOT has assigned to each county throughout Minnesota.
Pre-Award Audit and Budget Spreadsheet Information and Guidance
- Preparing Pre-Award Responses and Cost Proposals (Word 36 KB)
- Suggested Financial Proposal for Cost Plus Consultants (Excel 35 KB)
- Suggested Financial Proposal for Fixed Hourly Rate Consultants (Excel 31 KB)
Post Letting Services Master Contract Program Process and Guidance
- Post Letting Services Fact Sheet (PDF 75 KB) - This document provides guidance and a program overview for the MnDOT Post Letting Services Master Contract Program. Revised 06/14
GEC Preconstruction Services Master Contract Program Process and Guidance
- GEC "One Pager" (PDF 79 KB) - This document provides guidance and a program overview for the MnDOT General Engineering Consultant Preconstruction Services Master Contract Program. Revised 09/13
GEC Pre-Letting Master Contract Program Process and Guidance
- GEC Pre-Letting Master Contract Guidance (Word 28 KB) - This document provides guidance, a program overview and instructions for processing a Work Order Contract under the General Engineering Consultant Pre-Letting Master Contract Program. Revised 11/13