Flagger training information
This course is used to qualify contractor's personnel to train employees to act as flaggers on MnDOT construction projects. Attendees will meet requirement of the new MnDOT flagger training language contained in the traffic control special provision of selected jobs. Their names will be placed on the MnDOT Qualified Flagger Trainer database for five years and will meet requirements for future projects. The course includes review of Field Manual flagger requirements and related layout, discussion of safe practices, flagger attire, and flagger responsibilities.
- Minnesota Flagging Handbook (PDF)
- Checklist for Flagger Training (PDF)
- Flagger Train the Trainer Specification (PDF)
- Flagger Qualification Card Template (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions