Work Order/MEW Process
Contractor is not authorized to perform work until Work Order/MEW is executed
- Engineer discusses need for Work Order/MEW with District and Specialty Office personnel, if needed
- Engineer and Contractor discuss work and payment method - pay items orforce account
- Engineer confirms negotiated items and Equipment Rental Rates used for Force Account with Estimating Unit or 651-366-4628.
- Engineer completes Work Order/MEW and may use sample Work Order language.
- Office manager reviews Work Order/MEW..
- Engineer signs Work Order/MEW and returns to office manager
- If Work Order is greater than $25,000.00, appropriate Assistant District Engineer signs Work Order/MEW
- Office manager sends signed Work Order/MEW to Contractor and tracks progress
- Contractor signs and returns Work Order/MEW to Engineer (or office manager)
- Office manager distributes Work Order/MEW - original to Engineer file, signed copies to Contractor and head inspector
- Work Order/MEW is fully executed when received back by Engineer
NOTE: Signed copy is sent to central construction office when final is prepared.
Work Order/MEW Payment
- Engineer adds "Backsheet" item(s) to voucher
- Engineer encumbers funds separately as needed
- May use Contract, negotiated unit prices or Force Account
Effective when fully executed