Goal - Fully executed SA Part A within two working days once SA Tech receives Part A
NOTE: Draft approval of SA Part A wording is not required. You have the option of requesting draft approval by faxing to SA Tech.
- Engineer discusses need for SA with District Specialty Office, if needed
- Engineer and Contractor discuss work and payment - pay items or force account
- Engineer confirms negotiated items and Equipment Rental Rates for Force Account with Estimating Unit or
- Engineer completes SA Part A form by hand or with typewriter using large font or print so it can be read through the faxing process. Use informal language to complete SA Part A
- Engineer ensures that Estimate of Cost includes pay items or Force Account
- Engineer obtains signatures - Engineer, Contractor or representative and Assistant District Engineer Faxed signatures are acceptable and can be on separate copies of SA Part A
- Engineer ensures that SA Tech receives faxed copies of SA Part A with all signatures
- SA Tech enters approval information into Construction Management System. SA Part A is fully executed when all required signatures are affixed and required funds are encumbered. Approval date in CMS reflects "fully executed" date
- CMS downloads SA Part A to the field office with only the fund encumbrance
- Office of Construction & Innovative Contracting forwards copy of fully executed SA Part A to Engineer
No payment allowed until SA Part A is fully executed
Payment is made using a "Backsheet" item
Do not overrun amount encumbered
SA Part B is identical to the Standard Supplemental Agreement process and payment except the SA Part B form takes into account any funds encumbered by SA Part A.