- Bid Letting
- Bridges and Structures
- Civil Rights/iEEO
- Force Account
- Haul Roads & Detours
- Land Management
- MnDOT Districts
- Planning & Design Tools
- State Aid
- Tech Cert Training
- Work Zone Safety
- Apparent Bid Results
- Computer Applications
- Contract Administration Manual
- Resident Engineer Staff
- Search other DOTs
- MnDOT Spec Book
Lane rental charges a rental fee to contractors for closing lanes and shoulders to do construction work. The contract includes a rental fee based on the estimated cost of delay or inconvenience to the road user. Fees cover the time the contractor occupies or obstructs part of the roadway.
Like A + B bidding, the amount of total lane rental charges a contractor proposes for a projects can be combined with the cost for the work items to determine the successful bidder.
The contract states rental fee rates in dollars per lane per time period - daily, hourly or fractions of an hour. Rental fee rates are dependent on the number and type of lanes closed and may vary for different hours of the day for a project.
- Encourages contractors to schedule work to minimize traffic restrictions in duration and lane closures
- Ideal for projects that significantly affect traveling public
- Useful in major urban-area projects and rural projects with flagging operations
- Requires additional effort to monitor lane closure times