Contract Changes - AASHTOWare™
For Contracts administered in AASHTOWare (all contracts let October 28, 2016 and later), all contract changes are Change Orders.
Contract Change Methods
Contract Changes Review and Submittal
Construction Cost Support
FHWA Participation Guidelines
Supplemental Agreement (SA)
*Effective July 11, 2017 Justification/Recommendation letters are no longer required for SA's.
Supplemental Agreements document:
- Design or Contract Specification changes.
- Major Design or Contract Specification errors/ambituities
- Any extra work valued at $50,000 or more
- Changes to Contract Time, including Change in start date, Change in completion date, and number of working days allowed.
Work Order - Minor Extra Work (WO-MEW)
A WO-MEW is allowed for extra work, needed to complete the contract as let, which has a value less than $50,000.
Change Order (CO)
Change Orders document adjustments or minor plan changes allowed by Contract Specifications:
- Unacceptable work (1512)
- Revision of measurement method (1901.11)
- Waiver of liquidated damages (1807.2)
- Other payments specified in contract
Contract Change Support contact info:
- Elisa Bottos; 651-366-4241 (Office)
- Rick Fyten; 651-366-4685 (Office)
- Bob Juen; 651-366-4693 (Office)
- John Bier: 651-366-4225 (Office)