Registration starts Oct. 1 every year for the new training season.
- You'll first need to request a MnDOT Tech ID number.
- All registrations are through Lake Superior College.
- MnDOT personnel must obtain supervisor approval to attend class, and register through their supporting Employee Development Specialist or office manager.
Students may use the registration software to make changes and cancellations. Students cancelling at least seven calendar days prior to the class will receive a refund of their registration fee. If a student cancels within seven days of the class, no refund will be granted.
Recertification Testout process
You may apply for recertification through testout in one or more areas. A testout is granted for only two occasions:
- Attempting to regain a certification expired less than one year
- Gain certification through reciprocity with another state
Testouts are not for the convenience of the applicant - all efforts should be made to certify/recertify while classes are held during the training season. For testouts, all prerequisites must be kept current. View/print testout application and instructions. Extra fees are required for courses requiring lab review.