MnDOT Metro District Transit
Public transit is available in all of the district’s 8 counties. Metro Transit, an operating division of the Metropolitan Council, serves 90 cities within the 7-county metro area, offering a network of buses, light rail and commuter trains as well as resources for those who carpool, vanpool, walk or bike. Metro Transit is often the lead or partner agency on planning for transit improvements.
In addition to Metro Transit, there are a number of suburban and commuter services operating within another jurisdiction or as independent organizations.
Chisago County is served by the Heartland Express which provides dial-a-ride transit services to Chisago and Isanti counties.
The following links have more details including system characteristics (fleet and service types, hours of operation), system performance (ridership, operating expenditures) and 2015 system highlights.
Transit Systems in Congressional Districts 2-6
- Metro Transit - Bus Service - Regular Routes
- Metro Transit - Bus Service - Contracted Routes
- Metro Transit - Bus Service - Transit Link
- Metro Transit - Vanpool - Contracted
- Metro Transit - Light Rail Service
- Metro Transit - Commuter Rail Service
- Metro Mobility
- Maple Grove Transit
- Plymouth Metrolink
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority
- Jefferson Lines
- Land to Air Express
- Southwest Transit
- University of Minnesota Transit