About the project
The project will:
- Separate east and westbound traffic into a "one-way pair" in the downtown area between Linden and Elm Streets
- Construct pedestrian facilities, including trails and sidewalks
- Provide an at-grade trail crossing at a new traffic signal at Akerson Street
- Construct a new bridge over a channel connecting North Lindstrom and South Lindstrom Lakes, providing an important access for boaters
- Construct frontage roads in some areas to improve safety by removing direct driveway access to Hwy 8
- Install new traffic signals
The 2002 Hwy 8 Corridor Study identified the Lindstrom segment of Hwy 8 as having higher traffic volumes and crash rates compared to other segments.
The project addresses safety and capacity issues, including pedestrian and bicycle access.
Project website: www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy8lindstrom/index.html