Greater Minnesota Transit Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Plan defines the future vision for public transportation across Greater Minnesota and sets forth policies and strategies to meet that vision.
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan sets priorities for transit investments in scenarios of both expanded and contracted future funding.
Minnesota Ride Link
Minnesota Ride Link provides veterans, military families, and others a single source for information about transportation options. The link is made by connecting to the MinnesotaHelp Network™ (the state’s existing one-call/one-click virtual information center).
The Minnesota Ride Link project is sponsored by the Minnesota Departments of Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Human Services and the Minnesota Board on Aging. Funding is provided through a Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative grant from the Federal Transportation Administration.
2015 Transit Report: A Guide to Minnesota's Public Transit Systems
The 2015 Transit Report was prepared by the Minnesota Department of Transportation with assistance from the Metropolitan Council. This report is a guide to Minnesota's public transportation network and resources.
Detailed information on public transit providers can be found at: mndot.gov/transit/riders/.
MnDOT District 8 transit
All of District 8’s counties have county-wide public transit service. Within the District, there are city, county and multi-county systems.
- Lincoln County Heartland Express and Western Community Action – Community Transit plan to merge services in 2016.
- MnDOT Office of Transit is conducting a restructuring study to assist with the merger of Central Community Transit and Meeker County Public Transit in 2016.
Transit Systems in Congressional Districts 1 and 7
Transit Systems in Congressional District 7
- Central Community Transit (Kandiyohi Area Transit and Renville County Heartland Express merged into Central Community Transit effective January 1, 2015.)
- Granite Falls Heartland Express (PDF)
- Lincoln County Heartland Express (PDF)
- Meeker County Public Transit (PDF)
- Murray County Heartland Express (PDF)
- Pipestone County Transit (PDF)
- Prairie FIVE Rides (PDF)
- Trailblazer Transit (PDF)