About the project
This project reconstructs and resurfaces Hwy 169 from the Union Pacific Rail Road bridge to CR 6. The project includes new pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks and three roundabouts. Outdated and deteriorating infrastructure for stormwater, sanitary sewer and water service will also be replaced.
This is an urban segment of Hwy 169 within the city that is important for providing local access to nearby businesses and a school.
MnDOT is partnering with the city of Blue Earth to provide a more complete transportation system for all users.
- Maintain highway capacity and improve safety with intersection revisions and access changes
- Improve roadway structure and smoothness through reconstruction and resurfacing
- Upgrade failing and outdated utility infrastructure for water and fire protection, and remove failing sewer transfer facility
- Decrease maintenance of roadway and utility structures
- Enhance pedestrian accommodations through sidewalk construction, boulevard aesthetics and safety