About the project
MnDOT District 7 is extending the four-lane highway two miles to the west and reconstructing 0.8 miles of existing four-lane highway. A new modified diamond interchange at Hwy 14/CR 41 will provide access to a new industrial park.
Cconstruction in two phases include the following elements:
- Construction of embankment for bridge, ramps and CR 41
- Construction of ditches, ponds, drainage structures
- Grading of Hwy 14 and paving eastbound lanes
- Grading, paving and completing roundabout connections to CR 6 and Pleasant View Drive CSAH 41
- Construction of CR 41 bridge
- Construction of remaining two roundabouts at ramp terminals
- Paving, permanent signing/striping and turf establishment
Hwy 14 is a principal arterial roadway running east and west through the city of North Mankato. This segment is part of the interregional corridor running between New Ulm and Rochester and is on the National Highway System.
This project adds highway capacity, improves continuity and access management, and supports local development.
- Removal of access to Nicollet CR 6 to improve safety
- Construction of three roundabouts on Nicollet CR 41