About the project
The Blue Earth CR 12 extension/ Hwy 14 Interchange project constructs two miles of roadway, a new interchange and a grade separated railroad crossing. It also includes regional trail construction along the length of CR 12.
Blue Earth County is leading this project in close coordination with the city of Mankato and MnDOT District 7.
- Provides a safe connection to Hwy 14
- Improves overall safety and mobility by reducing traffic on a congested segment of Hwy 22
- Improves safety by eliminating dangerous turning movements at the CR 86 at-grade intersection with Hwy 14
- Provides safe crossing of the DM&E rail line and the Sakata Singing Hills Regional Trail
- Improves access to the Mankato Municipal Airport
- Supports planned economic growth and job creation